Hi, I’m Patrick Dinneen.
I’m from Cork and live in beautiful Galway, West Ireland. My favourite style of photography is abstract, I try to create photos that are fairly unique and different. I also love wandering around Galway with my camera.
PATRICK GOT A CAMERA. (HE WASN’T HAPPY).
Since Patrick’s childhood, when his dad bought Patrick his first camera as a birthday present, he’s always been interested in photography. The present was a bulky Dslr but Patrick thought he would have preferred a simple compact camera. In hindsight, his dad knew what he was doing (don’t they always!); it taught Patrick how to operate a camera and gave him a proper understanding of photography.
PATRICK’S PHOTOS (ABSTRACT ART)
Patrick’s favourite style of photography is ΔßŠ†®∀©† (abstract). He has a natural talent for creating an original and memorable abstract photo from a scene that others would overlook.
Why abstract? Patrick began, like most photographers, capturing anything and everything and his previous website was even entitled ‘Eclectic Images.’ But after time he noticed that his favourite photos tended to be abstract. Today everything has been photographed to death and the majority of photographs look very similar. Patrick likes the challenge of trying to capture something that stands out (abstract does) and is memorable. Many of his photos burst with strong colours which reflect his happy, outgoing personality.
Abstract art: Abstract art uses a visual language of shape, form, colour and line to create a composition which may exist with a degree of independence from visual references in the world
PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPTMENT (the boring stuff if you’re not a photographer)
Patrick shoots with a Pentax K-5ii DSLR and Pentax K-7 as a backup. A lot of people are surprised and ask why a Pentax, or rather ask why not a Canon or Nikon? It’s a great camera that he love! Simple as that.
Patrick also keeps a compact camera on-hand/in the car in case he stops a potentially great photo opportunity. To quote a famous photography phrase- “the best camera in the world is the one you have on you.”
LENSES & OTHERS
- Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sports lens. Patrick don’t use it extensively but it gives him a comforting feeling just knowing he owns this stunning lens.
- Tamron 18-55 f2.8 lens
- Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens
- Sigma 30mm f1.4 lens. This is great for low-light photography and blurred background photos (think portraits).
- Patrick uses a Slingshot AW 202 rucksack. It’s like a mini rucksack which can swing around to the front of your body very quickly without having to take it off. Highly recommended.
EVEN MORE PATRICK!
Patrick on Google+
If you want to get in touch simply jump to his contact page or through social media (above).
Every photographer visits other photography websites; to view fresh photographs, for inspiration or just to view ‘the community’. Here are some
blogs and websites that I regularity visit.
BONUS SECTION: MORE PATRICK
- Patrick did a bungee jump on his honeymoon, i could have been a very short marriage!
- When not behind a camera Patrick loves music (think Pixies, The National, Morrissey etc), reading, playing with his kids, sports and Ben & Jerrys ice cream.
- Patrick’s photographs have been features in the LA Times and his portfolio featured in Amateur Photographer magazine