Hi, I’m Patrick Dinneen.
I’m from Cork and live in beautiful Galway, West Ireland. I love photographing weddings, abstract and wandering around Galway with my camera (not all at the same time).
PATRICK GOT A CAMERA. (HE WASN’T HAPPY).
Since Patrick’s childhood, when his dad bought Patrick his first camera as a birthday present, he’s always been interested in photography. The present was a bulky Dslr but Patrick thought he would have preferred a simple compact camera. In hindsight, his dad knew what he was doing (don’t they always!); it taught Patrick how to operate a camera and gave him a proper understanding of photography.
Patrick’s favourite style of photography is ΔßŠ†®∀©† (abstract). He has a natural talent for creating an original and memorable abstract photo from a scene that others would overlook. Many of his photos burst with strong colours which reflect his happy, outgoing personality.
There are more photographers in the world than just Patrick. These are fantastic resources for amazing photography:
- The Big Picture If there’s 1 photography website you follow, make this it. News stories in pictures. Always stunning pictures on current topics.
- The Atlantic In focus Very similar to The Big Picture, showcasing amazing photos from eclectic topics.
PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPTMENT (the boring stuff if you’re not a photographer)
Patrick shoots with a Pentax K-5ii DSLR and Pentax K-7 as a backup. A lot of people are surprised and ask why a Pentax, or rather ask why not a Canon or Nikon? It’s a great camera that he love! Simple as that.
Patrick also keeps a compact camera on-hand/in the car in case he stops a potentially great photo opportunity. To quote a famous photography phrase- “the best camera in the world is the one you have on you.”
LENSES & OTHERS
- Sigma 70-200 f2.8 Sports lens. Patrick don’t use it extensively but it gives him a comforting feeling just knowing he owns this stunning lens.
- Tamron 18-55 f2.8 lens
- Pentax 100mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens
- Sigma 30mm f1.4 lens. This is great for low-light photography and blurred background photos (think portraits).
- Patrick uses a Slingshot AW 202 rucksack. It’s like a mini rucksack which can swing around to the front of your body very quickly without having to take it off. Highly recommended.
EVEN MORE PATRICK!
If you want to get in touch simply jump to his contact page.